Andrew Garfield for F*** Magazine (April 2014)
Cate Blanchett by Sean & Seng
• “At least you’re not dying!”
• “You’re only disabled if you let yourself be.”
• “You need to tell yourself you’re going to get better, else you won’t.”
• “But you can’t be in pain ALL the time, don’t exaggerate.”
• “You don’t LOOK ill.”
• “There’s so many people worse off than you.”
• “I’m sure you don’t REALLY need help.”
• “Sometimes it’s easier to just give up.”
• “Stop being so negative.”
You have to pay attention to the moments when you’ve felt on top on the world. I remember the first time I was on stage, I was doing ‘West Side Story’. I was 17 and this woman was crying because she liked what I was doing so much.
So You’re Having A Bad Day zine (select pages).
Tips to feel better when you feel crap, sad, lazy, lonely, human.
I made this zine quite quickly and ferociously as a one-off gift for a close friend. A lot of the time, I only have a small window of time to appreciate my own work before I want to move on, so I have to pump these things out really quick to get them completed.
Carla’s illustrations fill my belly with happiness
"December 24th, 1989, 9 PM, Eastern Standard Time.
From here on in, I shoot without a script.
See if anything comes of it, instead of my old shit.”